Auf dem Schiff
Auf dem Schiff
Lenk im Simmental
Wilderswil / Interlaken
Cook (f/m/x)MSC Cruises SA
This position is responsible to create the best culinary experience for the guests, offering them an outstanding service, through the preparation of a large variety of international menus.
Our chefs positions are: Chef de partie (Gardemanger, Entremetterie, Rotisserie, Breakfast/Poissonnerie, saucierie)
- Works in compliance with the company operating standards and follows the Public Health and food safety procedures;
- Supervises the food display, ensures that food is properly stored, sets up the work stations and keeps it clean at all times;
- Prepares weekly schedule for their staff (special duties, cleaning, etc.) and ensures their grooming (i.e. hygiene, uniforms);
- Is responsible for the stock control and inventory;
- Supervises team members' performance;
- Coaches, trains and motivates the team members to reach departmental goals;
- Ensures batch cooking and preparation process practised to eliminate waste;
- Participates to the daily briefings with Galley management to discuss the previous day's operations and efficiency, upcoming production and events;
- Ensures to meet costs targets as per Executive instructions;
- Maintains professional effective work relationships considering and respecting the different cultures, personalities and backgrounds.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- High school diploma (or basic education equivalency), culinary school degree and Food Safety Certificate (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
- Proven experience in a Cook position as Demi chef or Chef de partie is recommended
- Ability to work in a team;
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions;
- Multitasking and ability in handling a high quality and high volume of culinary operations.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel.